Friday, January 18, 2013

Must-see Movies 2013.



It's past the mid of January and I haven't posted this one. I believe I drafted this first week of the month. And since we just came from vacation, all of us are busy coping up with work and school. Monetary status is somewhat off track due to the long vacation. So I really hope we could still catch up these wonderful movies - before they scoot out of the big screen.
*Disclaimer: these posters were all outsourced from Google. No copyright infringement intended.


January.
Les Miserables
Anne Hathaway + Hugh Jackman + Russell Crowe + Amanda Seyfried + great story from a great novel = hoping for a blockbuster movie. I do hope they bring justice to this masterpiece. Let's see for ourselves if we will sing also as what they say about Fight, Hope, Dream and Love. You can watch the trailers here.


Life of Pi
Based also from an award winning novel, I'm sure this movie will be a hit. As what I've heard from people who've seen the movie, they said it's wonderful. That is one of the reasons why I included this one in our must-see list. If you want to know more about the movie, visit their site.


Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters movie poster
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters

Not your ordinary fairy tale. Plus, another Jeremy Renner here, yes! This one's got to be on our list. Finally, no more delays please? According to Mr. wiki, the film was slated for a March 2, 2012 release but then pushed it for a ten-month delay. Don't know why. Oh well, let's see for ourselves. Check them some more on their official site.

February.
Safe Haven movie poster
Safe Haven
Just in time for Valentine's Day. This one's a love story with a twist. Let's see why they say love is the only true safe haven. Watch the official trailer.

March.
Oz
Mila Kunis. She is the one I am excited about in this film. I just missed her. The last time I saw her was on Friends with Benefits. Though she is a wicked witch here, I believe she'll portray it well. Dive into this magical movie here.

G.I. Joe: Retaliation movie poster
G. I. Joe: Retaliation
This is it. This is really the date for G. I. Joe: Retaliation. I remember last year (2012) I included this film to our must-see list for that year.  I can't trace back my source. I was so ashamed I even posted it on Facebook. Good thing one of my friends noticed and commented this movie will be seen this year (March, 2013). So here it is. Oh, did I mention Bruce Willis looks a lot like my father? :D Visit their site for more info.

The Host movie poster
The Host
The wait is over. I've been waiting for this installation. And because I am a fan, I bought my own copy of the book. Back in college, I read this from an e-book that my roommate gave me. Twihard fans (like me) will watch this film for sure. Let's see how Meyer's adult novel turn into real life. Check out the movie in Stephenie Meyer's page and the movie's site.

April.
Jobs Poster
jOBS

We are all excited, especially Mino, for this one. Apple nerds be read! We will see Steve Job's life as portrayed by Ashton Kutcher. He's a good actor so I guess he'll do a great job on this. Official website coming soon!



May.
Iron Man 3 movie poster
Iron Man 3
But of course we will watch the third installment of Iron Man. Time for some self-reflecting problems and new villains, this one's a hit for me already. See more here.

Fast and Furious 6 movie poster
Fast & Furious 6
Time for another extreme action movie. This next installment of F&F shouldn't miss our list. Visit their Facebook page.

The Hangover Part III
So they say this will be the finale of the The Hangover franchise. The last sequel but with a new idea. Hmm. Sounds interesting to me.

June.
Jack the Giant Slayer movie poster
Jack the Giant Killer
We are all aware of Jack and the Beanstalk right? They say they are closely related. When I watched the trailer, it's all about Jack and that giant beanstalk. So let's see how they turn around this fairy tale like they did on Snow White. Yes, I am excited.

Man of Steel movie poster
Man of Steel
Come, let's see Superman fly. Mr. Wiki said this will be a reboot (to start anew with fresh ideas in a way that is consistent with the principals of the original, but not necessarily constrained by what has taken place before.~urbandictionary.com) of the Superman film series, portraying the character's  origin story. See the Man here.

July.
Despicable Me 2 movie poster
Despicable Me 2
Ba ba ba babanana..c'mon sing with me! This adorable movie became our favorite. And we never get tired of watching it over and over again. Even my siblings and my beau's siblings, we all love this. So we're all excited for the second installment. Can't get enough? Same here. Watch some more!

The Wolverine movie poster
The Wolverine
This will be the sixth installment of the X-Men film series. And Logan (Wolverine) will fly to Japan to face his past. Visit their official page for more details.

The Smurfs 2 movie poster
The Smurfs 2
2 of 3. I didn't know The Smurfs will have three installation of this film (until now). With some Naughties in this one, plus Patrick (Neil Patrick Harris) and Grace (Jayma Mays) will have their son Blue, here, this one's gonna be fun. Check their site.

August.
10 Habits of Highly Effective People movie poster
10 habits of Highly Effective People
I was curious about this one that's why I included this on our list. I've known about the 7 habits of highly effective people of Stephen R. Covey. And they said this film was inspired from his work. Let's see what they got here.

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Sea of Monsters
(no movie poster yet)
I am sure I am not the only one who's excited about this another Percy Jackson movie. One of my friends is a big fan of this series that she has all the books as her collection. I hope they release more info about the film soon. 

September.
My birth month, but I haven't listed even one movie to watch? Sad.

November.
Thor: The Dark Worlds movie poster
Thor 2
We won't skip this one, promise! Back in 2011, we missed Thor on the bigscreen. We just watched it sometime last year, copied from a friend. I felt guilty just by missing beautiful films from the cinemas. More news for Thor 2, check it here.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire movie poster
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Book 2 of 3. The Hunger Games Trilogy. We will definitely catch Catching Fire on the big screen this November. During the Hunger Games, we even got the premiere tickets. That's how we are. Fans. We just love the series. From books to movies. Both are okay for us. Haven't read the books yet? Check Suzanne Collin's site for more details. Though I am not sure if this site's the official site for Catching Fire, you can check it also.

December.
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
So we missed The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012), I do hope we'll catch this one. Christmas season seems to be a hard time for movie goers like me who went home to provinces for vacay.

~
So that's it. My must-see list of movies this year 2013. I'll keep my purse on check of course.



Sources: http://www.movieinsider.com/movies/-/2013/, http://www.imdb.com/year/2013/





1 comments:

hjamnette said...

Tol...
I've nominated you in a Liebster tag.
Please check http://hjamnettelikes.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-liebster.html for instructions and details.
Thank you.

Post a Comment