Monday, April 30, 2012

Freshen UP.

Timeline update: April 30, 2012

I drafted my sixth entry yesterday when I was in this coffee shop in LB. I thought I can post it ASAP but unfortunately they doesn't have an internet connection. :( The bad part is, I already ordered my coffee (rocky road as always in this coffee shop). So I decided I'll draft my post while  first: I'm still in the mood for writing; second: to kill time while I charge Mino's laptop, my iPod and phone; and, lastly to cool down a little because I think it's almost 35 degrees Celsius outside.

And because I drafted it in LB yesterday, the time usage is yesterday obviously. ;)

Timeline: April 29, 2012

I missed UPLB. It's been a while since I went here. The smell of the campus never fails to make me feel at home.

Today is the first day of the Aggie Board Review or the review for the Licensure Examination for Agriculturists on July 2012. Mino finally decided to take the Licensure exam so he attended this review to help him freshen up his memory of the topics in our course. And because his sessions are held during weekends, and this is their first day, I decided to tag along. :)

The review was held on the same place where I attended mine a couple of years ago. Different Agriculture students all over the country who wish to refresh their knowledge banks and also to learn some more gather here in preparation for the Licensure examination. Acclaimed professors and university researchers in their respective fields lead the sessions.

First session of the Agriculture Board Exam Review held @ Old Agronomy, UPLB.




Weekend sessions run from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with 10-minute breaks in the mornings and afternoons and lunch break also. You can eat though the course of the review, but of course, not that you may attract too much attention. One can bring their food or if you woke up late and hurried to the lecture hall and didn't get the chance to grab some munch, there are available food items that you may buy inside the lecture hall. During my time, coffee was always the number one on the favourites. Why coffee? Well, there are some drowsy moments. May it be due to the speaker or the topic itself or the weather perhaps? One should be very patient and focused because one can never tell if that topic or concept may come out of the exam.


She's the same ate that sells this stuff during our time.



The water dispenser for coffee and instant noodles  - the savior of us sleepy heads. :))




Back in our review days, there is a lecture manual of the topics presented by the speakers. I had my own highlighter before, the neon yellow one. Mino told me he never used highlighter back in college but I still gave him a green one so that he can remember the terms well. Additional information was scribbled on every side of the manual but he said it's better to keep a separate notebook.

Mino scribbling away. :)





Mino decided to take the Licensure exam only this year. Why? Because, first: he worked immediately after his BS degree and doesn't feel the need to take the exam that time; second: after those months at work, he decided to take his Master's degree and still doesn't feel the need to take the exam; and lastly, he doesn't have me yet that time to have all his inspirations. ;) (Ha ha! The last part was just me). Now that he is graduating this summer, and some of his job applications (not-so) require a license, he finally decided to take the exam. I teased him that it's another valid ID and the promotion will be easier if he has a license. So I am all supportive and promised that I'll help him during his reviews. Maybe give some tips on questions and jitter problems. :)

                                                         
The future licensed Agriculturist. ^_^

0 comments:

Post a Comment