Tuesday, July 31, 2012

CR.

I had another random thought. I just came from the CR, once again. That's just part of my daily routine. Normal.

C.R.

Comfort Room.

In one of my favorite bars in UPLB, it stands for "Chromosome Reference". Brilliant. XY~XX.

Back in college, I used to write notes in my cellphone, at the dormitory's comfort room. Just random notes of what I felt, experienced, etc. Back then, I said to myself, I always have notes and memories in CRs.

I talk to mother nature (if you get what I mean) for a longer period of time. And I mean everywhere. House. Malls. Office. Terminals. Name it. And if someone comments "tagal naman nung babae sa loob", I'll just shot them back with "kaya nga comfort room eh, nagmamadali kayo?". Whenever I'm having a conversation with mother nature, I have to have something to do. I usually bring something to read, a book or a magazine. I get bored easily so I make sure I have something to fiddle. If I'm in the mood for music, I bring my phone and earphones. Recently, my favorite hobby while conversing with mother nature is playing in my iPod. And it's more addicting especially when you have your Wi-Fi access.

And when talking about CR, I will never forget my dramatic experience back in college. One afternoon, I was in one of my favorite cubicles in our dormitory, reading Noli Me Tangere by Dr. Jose Rizal. During that time, I was at the "darkest phase of the moon" era. (Read my previous blogpost for your reference) I was enjoying my book when suddenly my phone beeped. He texted. That moment, I forgot where I was. I forgot what I was doing. I even forgot I'm on the CR. I just cried and cried and cried. I wept for almost...I can't tell. So much for my happy ending.

Vandalism. Number one in CRs. Right?
I conducted my undergraduate thesis at Biological Science Building at UPLB. Popularly called BioSci. Second floor. Wing A. The ladies room is just around the bend when you reach second floor. I have this, again, favorite cubicle there. The last cubicle. Maybe because it is near the window. Whenever I do my thing there, the scribbles and doodles on the door never fail to make me laugh. How mature people. I really hope they're not from UP but some people may get carried away, be stupid sometimes, got their pens and write everywhere. The notes babble about relationships, "what-to-dos??", wanted textmate and the ever famous "NO VANDALISM".

We all have our CR experiences. Bad. Good. Unforgettable. Unforgivable. Horrifying. So-so. If you think this post is gross, well, you've reach the end part of it so you have no choice. Maybe you won't read it again next time. Unless, just by reading the title, you didn't dare to read the whole note down here. Your choice.


0 comments:

Post a Comment