Saturday, April 28, 2012

Metro life.

I had this thought yesterday afternoon while I'm (briskly) walking along PhilCoA. 


PhilCoA. While I'm waiting for something.


As usual, random thoughts flooded my mind and I decided I'll write again. I had the same idea last March, jotted them down and sent it through my email because I don't have a blogsite before. Here's a peak:

~~~
March 9, 2012
09:04 am

Fifth day. I survived the Metro. And continuously surviving.

I never liked the Metro. Never will.

The hassle of traffic is very stressful. I am impatient, yes. That's why whenever I'm stuck in traffic, I easily get annoyed. I don't want my precious time be wasted because of violators on the street, lousy drivers and stupid commuters.

The cough-causing (and so many other diseases you can name) pollution from vehicles of all types is also very stressful. I don't normally carry handkerchief because I lose them easily but here it's more of like a requirement. The hanky never leaves my nose/mouth.

I am a paranoid commuter. All the time! Most especially when I'm travelling alone. I haven't experienced a hold-up (and please, I don't want to experience it ever) so whenever I travel, I always have this idea that I will be picked on by someone bad. That's the reason why I really want to have my own car. :)

This is the first time that I stepped out of my comfort zone. I spent my early years in a very serene island of Alabat, Quezon. I went to college in a very comforting university, UPLB. My first work was in IRRI, just a minute away from UPLB. After IRRI, I transferred to Canlubang for my second work, still in Laguna. It was a very happy lifestyle. I am very close with my loved ones. I can visit the org anytime, whenever there's a chance. I can visit my sister whenever I want. We can do our food trips as long as we can manage our cash (ha ha!).

Currently, I am 40 kms away from Mino. And that's a first. I mean, for now I am temporarily living in Quezon City and he's in Sta. Rosa, Laguna. Of course my trip to Davao and Boracay are exemptions. :) We can't have our unexpected dates whenever one or both of us are stressed from our daily work. We used to hang out at Starbucks, have our favorites over daily update. We always celebrate our monthsaries, be it watching a movie or just a simple dinner, we always have our happy moments. And now I terribly miss him. It was just five days since I last saw him and it seems a month already!

Opportunity brought me here in the Metro. I once refused this offer because I am hoping for another work on my first job. But that moment's not really for me really, so this is the time. I hope this opportunity will be a good one.
~~~

One of the things I realize yesterday, I am starting to like to live here. Not that all my rants have vanished in thin air, they're still there. I think I just blended with the environment, a little.

The thought that Mino will be working also in the Metro soon, made me less anxious. That moment I thought I'll start to appreciate. I am starting to love this place. I have to, because this is where I am now. But, (yes, there is always a but) there are still things that I know I can and will never cope with.

Okay. Even I'm an ex-Food Tech stud, I learned some concepts from Microbiology 180. E. coli, Salmonella, what else? Street foods are a no-no! I eat isaw and hotdogs only when I really crave for them and when the place is "somewhat" clean IMHO. I witnessed how a manong vendor prepared his buko juice and it's really nasty. After puffing his cigar, he added a block of ice and water into the buko juice container, without washing his hands! I hope the drinkers won't have a tummy ache that night.   


vendors of different stuff  and regular passers-by along PhilCoA.



I really want a shot of this place before - how people manage to walk through vendors on both sides. This scene is very common on most over-passes. At least people here strive to make a living and not opt to steal. Though I know it's somewhat illegal to stay in this place. Oh well.

overpass @ PhilCoA.



So I happened to witness one of the many rallies conducted along this road. I just wonder if they're from UP Diliman. I didn't paid much attention because I was actually in a hurry going home to Sta. Rosa.  

shout out to the concerned people. i hope they hear them. i hope.


The Quezon City Circle is on the far side. I wish to jog there more every weekends, soon. With my Mino of course. 

northbound via PhilCoA.


turn right going to UP Diliman. straight ahead going to SM Fairview. ;) (ha ha)

0 comments:

Post a Comment